Tuesday 28 April 2020

Jay Besemer : part three

What other poetry books have you been reading lately?

This is such an important question. I have to answer with names rather than titles because I read in bulk & re-read often. Lately I have been having a hard time keeping up with all my fellow trans & gender non-conforming poets' books & other publications--what a wonderful problem to have! But I'm reading Jayy Dodd, Cyree Janelle Johnson, Oliver Baez Bendorf, Sam Ace, Trace Peterson, Adrian Silbernagel, Zoe Tuck, Joanna C. Valente, others I'm likely forgetting.

I'm also reading Mathias Svalina, Brandon Shimoda, Stacy Szymaszek, Olivia Cronk, Philip Sorenson, Daniel Borzutzky, Toby Altman, Nicholas Alexander Hayes, Julia Cohen, Keith S. Wilson, Douglas Kearney, Joyelle McSweeney, Johannes Görannson, Kim Hyesoon, Bhanu Kapil, Nikki Wallschlager, Fred Moten, W.S. Merwin, Robert Duncan & Tristan Tzara. Again, probably forgetting people.

I've been subscribing to a lot of presses lately; it's a great way to support poetry publishing & the presses where the books by my favorites originate--plus it's cheaper than buying each individually. I subcribe to Ugly Duckling Presse's translation series & Kenning Editions; in the past I've done Omnidawn subscriptions. I also often order in batches from presses--I do this frequently with ActionBooks, Nightboat, The Song Cave, & The Operating System.

No comments:

Post a Comment