Friday 14 February 2020

Emily Coppella : part one

Emily Coppella is a writer, yoga student, and feminist from the GTA. She is currently studying English Literature and Language at Carleton University. She plans to gradate with a concentration in Creative Writing and a minor in Women and Gender Studies. Her poetry has been published by Coven Editions, In/Words, and has won 2nd place for the George Johnston Poetry Prize. Film, music, and social justice are some of her other passions.

What are you working on?

Honestly, I’m working on showing up for myself as a writer. I’m trying to take pen to paper most days and see what comes up for me. Poetry comes a lot more naturally to me than prose right now, so I’m leaning into that. By not setting any clearly defined goals except just to write, I feel like I’m allowing myself to write whenever and about whatever I want, which makes my work feel a lot more exciting. I didn’t make any resolutions for 2020 except for the intention to focus on one word: “allow.” I’m allowing myself to understand that I’m a writer even when I’m not writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment