Thursday 2 May 2019

Fern G. Z. Carr : part five

What are you working on?

I have recently finished working with my publisher, Silver Bow Publishing, on the release of my poetry collection, Shards of Crystal. I am therefore currently focussing on readings and sharing my poetry with others. 

I'm still submitting my work to journals and anthologies worldwide which I do on a regular basis.  That is in addition to my ongoing personal challenge to be published in all fifty USA states.  (I've been published in most of them so far but am working towards fifty.)

I've always composed foreign language poetry and will often translate it into English.  I'll sometimes start with one of my English poems and then translate it into another language.  My preference though is to write the poem in my language or languages of choice and then translate it into English.  It seems to come across as more genuine that way. 

All that said, I am attempting to write more poetry in Mandarin.  It is such a great language.  Typing the Chinese characters on the computer can tend to be pretty time-consuming though.

No comments:

Post a Comment