Saturday 18 May 2019

Cendrine Marrouat : part two

What do you feel poetry can accomplish that other forms can’t?

I believe that poetry and theatre are the only art forms that allow artists to tackle very sensitive topics without offending people the way other artform  would.

In my poetry, I have touched on spirituality, death, suicide, racism, and homophobia, for example. I wrote an entire book of short forms dedicated to helping people grieve the death of loved ones better -- Short Poetry for Those Who Fear Death. (https://www.amazon.ca/Short-Poetry-Those-Fear-Death-ebook/dp/B07NKW2NH4)

One day, years ago, I received an email from a reader of that book. They told me that before opening the collection, they had wanted to die. When they were done, their life had a new meaning. They had never wanted to live more. This is one of the best compliments I have ever received. And knowing that this little book helped someone is the icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment