Monday 21 May 2018

Joelle Barron : part one

Joelle Barron is a poet and writer, living as a settler on the Traditional Territory of the Anishinaabe of Treaty 3 (Kenora, ON). Their work has won awards, and appeared in literary journals across Canada. Joelle works as a co-ordinator for an LGBT2S+ youth group, and is an organizer for Kenora Pride. Ritual Lights (Icehouse Press) is their first full-length poetry collection. Follow them @joelle_barron.

Photo credit: Josh Loeser

What are you working on?

I’m working on a collection of short stories with a connected narrative arc. I have a lot of fears (rational and irrational) about the end of the world, and I’m putting them all into these stories. I’m also still writing poems the way I always write them, in short, intense bursts, every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment