Tuesday 15 May 2018

Cameron Anstee : part one


Cameron Anstee lives and writes in Ottawa ON where he runs Apt. 9 Press and holds a Ph.D. in Canadian Literature from the University of Ottawa. He is the editor of The Collected Poems of William Hawkins (Chaudiere Books, 2015). Book of Annotations (Invisible Publishing, 2018) is his first full-length collection of poetry.

What are you working on?

Poetry-wise, I just published my first trade collection, Book of Annotations (Invisible Publishing, 2018), a book of primarily minimalist work. In the wake of that, I am working to organize readings over the next year to help bring the book to new places and (I hope) readers. I just finished rubber-stamping edition information on the back of a set of three wood-type broadsides I commissioned from Jeffrey Macklin (Jackson Creek Press, Peterborough) to celebrate the publication of the book. I am writing a conference paper on Barbara Caruso’s astounding presspresspress (1988-1998) for the upcoming Kanada Koncrete conference at the University of Ottawa. I am playing catch-up with a handful of projects from Apt. 9 Press (the one closest to going to print is a really excellent collection of poems by Peterborough’s Elisha May Rubacha). I am trying to prioritize finishing some academic projects (including an index of Nelson Ball’s three little mags from the 1960s). I am trying to write some new poems, and figure out how to do that after a trade collection for the first time. I am overdue on almost all of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment