Monday 11 February 2019

Metta Sáma : part one

Metta Sáma is author of Swing at your own risk (forthcoming Kelsey St. Press), the year we turned dragon (Portable Press @ Yo-Yo Labs), le animal & other creatures (Miel), After After/After "Sleeping to Dream" (Nous-zōt Press) and the web-book, Nocturne Trio (YesYes Books). She lives in Winston Salem, NC with her toddler.

What other poetry books have you been reading lately?

For pleasure, I’m reading Linda Ashok’s Whorelight, which the poet, Ravi Shanker N. described as: “[P]oems [that] come from a mind that reacts to sensations like chlorophyll in a leaf”; Fatimah Asghar’s If They Come For Us, which I saw at a big box & was so excited to see poetry books on the shelf that I almost left it there hoping a non poet would snag it!; TC Tolbert’s Gephryromania, which I’ve been slowly reading for nearly a year, unwilling to let the book go & Maria Melendez’s How Long She’ll Last in This World (“Breath is my first language, “American” second”). For classes: Craig Santos Perez’s [saina], Chen Chen’s When I Grow Up I Want to be a List of Further Possibilities, Morgan Parker’s There are More Beautiful Things Than Beyoncé, Shara McCallum’s Madwoman, Bianca Stone’s Mobiüs Strip Club of Grief, Trista Mateer’s The Dogs I Have Kissed, Luther Hughes’s Touched, Hazem Fahmy’s Red Jild Prayer, Morgan Christie’s Variations on a Lobster’s Tale, Raquel Salas Rivera’s poemas necesarios y otras malas mañas/necessary poems and other bad habits and Natalie Eilbert’s Conversations with the Stone Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment