Wednesday 13 February 2019

hiromi suzuki : part one

hiromi suzuki is a poet, artist living in Tokyo, Japan. The author of Ms. cried, 77 poems by hiromi suzuki (kisaragi publishing, 2013), logbook (Hesterglock Press, 2018) and INVISIBLE SCENERY (Low Frequency Press, 2018). Her works are published internationally in Otoliths, BlazeVOX, Empty Mirror, Burning House Press, DATABLEED, MOONCHILD MAGAZINE, Hotel, talking about strawberries all of the time, Mookychick, ambush review, Coldfront, and 3:AM Magazine. More work can be found at hiromisuzukimicrojournal.tumblr.com.

Twitter: @HRMsuzuki

What are you working on?

Now I'm trying to translate my first poetry collection 'Ms. cried' 77 poems by hiromi suzuki (kisaragi publishing, 2013 ISBN978-4-901850-42-1). Poems in collection are written almost in Japanese, partly in English. Japanese writers have translators, but I am not. However, since subtle nuances of poetry can be expressed by my own translation, I enjoy my work. I'm submitting several translated pieces to literary journals. I hope these will be liked by editors.


No comments:

Post a Comment