Thursday 10 January 2019

Sarah Rosenthal : part two

What other poetry books have you been reading lately?

I’ve been immersed in Renee Gladman’s Calamities. I can’t get enough of her passion for language and the way her writing continually seeks to bring together body and mind. I’m entranced by the bemused and often funny tone of the book and the way it seamlessly integrates philosophical reflection with a sense of communion and community with Gladman’s many beloveds. I don’t want to ever exit this text but if I do, the stack on my bedside beckons: Katechon: Book One, Lines 1–500 by Michael Cross, Greater Grave by Jacq Greyja, House of McQueen by Valerie Wallace, (re)iteration(s) by Jill Darling, The Spectral Wilderness by Oliver Baez Bendorf, and Participant by Linda Russo.

No comments:

Post a Comment