Friday 9 November 2018

Andrea Blythe : part one

Andrea Blythe bides her time waiting for the apocalypse by writing speculative poetry and fiction. She is the author of Your Molten Heart / A Seed to Hatch (2018) a collection of erasure poems, and coauthor of Every Girl Becomes the Wolf (Finishing Line Press, 2018), a collaborative chapbook written with Laura Madeline Wiseman. She serves as an associate editor for Zoetic Press and is a member of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Poetry Association. Learn more at: www.andreablythe.com.

What are you working on?

I have a number of projects floating at the same time (as per my usual). I’m currently writing and editing three chapbooks of poetry. Pantheon is a collection honoring fictional characters in pop culture, which I finished a couple of years ago and am reworking before I continue sending it out on submissions. I have another untitled collection of found poems based on Stephen King’s The Plant that’s in the works. And I’m continuing to edit a series of prose poems based on the “Twelve Dancing Princesses” fairy tale (although it’s starting to morph into something else entirely at this point). With my collaborator, Laura Madeline Wiseman, I’m working on two separate collections — a series of Valkyrie poems and a series on warrior women in history.

Outside of poetry, I have a novel and several short stories in progress. And I’m also collaborating on a musical webseries about a woman who gets dumped and turns to her puppet friends for support.


No comments:

Post a Comment