Monday 21 November 2022

Ryanne Kap : part one

Ryanne Kap is a Chinese-Canadian writer from Strathroy, Ontario. Her work has been featured in Grain, carte blanche, Canthius, and elsewhere. Her short story “Heat” won first place in Grain’s 2020 Short Grain contest and was selected as a notable pick in the 2021 edition of Best Canadian Short Stories. Her debut chapbook, goodbye, already, was published by Frog Hollow Press in 2021. Ryanne is currently pursuing a PhD in English at the University of Calgary. She is also the managing editor at The Puritan. You can find her online at www.ryannekap.com or on Twitter and Instagram @ryannekap.  

Photo credit: Abynaya Kousikan

What are you working on?

I’m currently working on a short story collection, as I’m definitely a fiction writer first and foremost. In terms of poetry, I’d like to try writing another chapbook; I feel like I’ve learned a lot since my first one, and I want to write poems that reflect how my writing style has changed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment