Saturday 6 February 2021

Daniel Scott Tysdal : part four

What other poetry books have you been reading lately?

For this answer, I’d like to share what I have been teaching lately and what I will be teaching. There is nothing quite as sustaining as seeing how emerging writers learn from and are inspired by contemporary poetry. This term I taught Kirby’s This Is Where I Get Off and What Do You Want to Be Called?, El Jones’s Live from the Afrikan Resistance!, and The Next Wave: An Anthology of 21st Century Canadian Poetry, edited by Jim Johnstone. Next semester, I will be teaching Jones again along with Randy Lundy’s Field Notes for the Self, Natasha Ramoutar’s Bittersweet, Rasiqra Revula’s Cephalopography 2.0, and Dani Spinosa’s OO: Typewriter Poems. Happily, all the poets who’s work I teach also visit our classes, so there are endless rewards and highlights each term.

No comments:

Post a Comment