Tuesday 26 January 2021

Richard LeDue : part one

Richard LeDue was born in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, but currently lives and teaches in Norway House, Manitoba. His poems have appeared in various publications throughout 2019 and 2020, and more work is forthcoming throughout 2021. His chapbook, The Loneliest Age, was released in October 2020 from Kelsay Books.

What are you working on?

I write every day. What makes poetry so appealing to me is that it's a type of writing you can work on for twenty minutes and get something done. I dabbled in short story writing this past summer, and found I needed larger chunks of time to accomplish what I wanted to do. However, I've written poems while my son has had the TV volume turned to maximum and is dancing in the middle of the living room. Because of poetry's versatility, I send out at least one submission a week (usually on the weekend). So in a sense, I am always working on something. As I write this, I have twenty submissions I am waiting to hear back on. I also have three different chapbook manuscripts submitted to publishers. Ever since I had my first chapbook published, The Loneliest Age, I've had a strong desire to have another book published. My approach has lead to a lot of publication, but also to a lot of rejection. However, rejection is just part of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment