Saturday 18 June 2022

Benjamin Niespodziany : part five

How important is music to your poetry?

Where do I begin? I currently work for a music label and have been helping with music in one way or another (blogging, curating, interviewing, marketing) for about ten years. 

If I'm writing, I'm listening to music. If I'm not writing, I'm listening to music. Music has always been there. Before poetry and certainly after. Music is a large part of my life, arguably larger than my writing, and I don't know where I'd be without it. It calms me, it inspires me, it gives me energy, it makes me feel like I can take on the world. Rather than cover the expansiveness of my love for music, I'll break it down into two categories.

Some favorite artists to listen to while writing poetry:

Jon Hopkins, Ludovico Einaudi, Toumani Diabete, Olafur Arnalds, Molly Drake, Black Taffy, Blockhead, Duendita, Al Bowlly, El Michels Affair. 

Some favorite poetic artists (whether that be the lyrics or the world-building)

CocoRosie, R.A.P. Ferreira, King Creosote, billy woods, John Frusciante, Cake, Blind Pilot, Boldy James, Zelooperz, Pink Siifu, Celeste.

No comments:

Post a Comment