Thursday 2 May 2019

Kara Petrovic : part one

Kara Petrovic is 23 years old and is currently living in Toronto, Ontario. They are a survivor of trauma three times over and are living with a variety of mental health disorders. They have been writing poetry since they were 8 years old. They have self-published a collection, titled beyond rock bottom in 2017 and have been previously published in CONKER magazine in 2018. In 2019, their work was selected for publication in Philadelphia Stories' upcoming issue. They have also been selected to read at Toronto's Emerging Writers Series 2019. They also recently self-published another collection, titled forget-me-not. They identify as genderfluid and pansexual, and this is frequently reflected upon in their work.

Photo credit: Logan Cerson.

What are you working on?

I think a more appropriate question would be what aren’t I working on. I currently am working on promoting my first collection, beyond rock bottom and my second collection out February 15 2019, forget-me-not. There are two other chapbooks that are currently undergoing the process of submission. A creative nonfiction I wrote is scheduled for publication in Philadelphia Stories this Spring. I finished the first draft of a very queer, very noir fiction book I co-wrote and am working on revisions. I’m submitting poetry like crazy, drowning under piles and piles of rejections, and desperately trying to… well, get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment