Thursday 9 May 2019

Bobbi Lurie : part one

Bobbi Lurie is the author of The Book I Never Read, Letter From The Lawn, Grief Suite and the morphine poems.

What are you working on?

I’m working on a new poetry collection. I’m also working on a collection of stories about / with Marcel Duchamp. I’ve been collecting Marcel Duchamp’s quotes from YouTubes and interviews for years, using them to invent an imaginary world where Marcel Duchamp comes back from the dead, existing as my confidant and friend. It’s also an autobiography of sorts, an autobiography of my relationship with art, the longest relationship of my life.

And, of course, I’m working on this interview. I finished all the questions you sent months ago, I actually finished them the minute I received them. But I decided to put my automatic answers away. I went on to read other interviews you’ve published, thinking back to everything poetry has ever meant to me. I’ve really appreciated taking the time to think about these questions. This, for me, is the most fascinating subject. What poetry does. What poetry is.

No comments:

Post a Comment