Friday 1 March 2019

Judson Hamilton : part one

Judson Hamilton lives in Wrocław, Poland. His most recent publications are a book of poems called The New Make-Believe and a short story collection called Gross in Feather, Loud in Voice both out from Dostoyevsky Wannabe. He’s a contributor at Queen Mob’s Teahouse. Twitter: @judson_hamilton

How did you first engage with poetry?

As a reader, my earliest memories of poetry are intrinsically linked with the work of Shel Silverstein whom I adored as a child (and someone whose work I am now revisiting with my own children). Later there were the usual suspects as imbibed through the academic syllabi of high school and college.

I’ve always enjoyed writing poetry much more than reading it though. I’m not sure why that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment