Friday 15 March 2019

gc cohen : part one

gc cohen (stylized as such) is a queer writer / poet that currently lives in Massachusetts and daydreams of homesteading with her wife and son. cohen enjoys scribbling in notebooks and journals, adventuring outdoors, hanging with her pets, being a foodie, and drinking copious amounts of coffee. She holds a BA in English from the University of Louisville and dual MA degrees in Children's Literature and English from Simmons College in Boston. family matters (also stylized as such), cohen's debut poetry collection is available on Amazon. For further writing and updates, cohen may be found on Twitter (@bygccohen) and Instagram (@gc.cohen).

Photo credit: Chelsea Cohen // @chelseacohenphotos (Instragram)

What are you working on?

Mellowing out. Being a more patient human. Practicing more kindness. Self-love. Planning future trips. Saving money for a house. Meditating. Trying to get better quality sleep. Putting my phone down more often. Hiking regularly. Marketing my debut poetry collection, family matters.

Writing-wise, trying to make sense of my time growing up/coming of age in the Midwest US, my college years, some tumultuous relationships, and some self-loathing I’ve experienced in the past. I’m still unsure of where it’s all going, and it may take years to write, but I’ll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment