Wednesday 28 October 2020

Kristine Snodgrass : part five

When you require renewal, is there a particular poem or book that you return to? A particular author?

I do have to pull myself up and back every now and then. I find with my constant creating I go in different directions which is good and bad. I love to experiment, but I still find solace in what I think of as a “base” style for my vispo and asemic work. I talk a little about this style in Brave New Word. When I am wanting to come back, not just with visual work, but to my soul, I look to these poets, mainly. I do love anthologies and will always turn to an anthology in a time of need. I think they are hugely underrated. We should all be reading anthologies daily. 

No More Masks: An Anthology of Poems by Women, edited by Ellen Bass and Florence Howe;  Levertov; Bachmann; Rich.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment