Friday 18 October 2019

Natalie Lim : part one

Natalie Lim is a Chinese-Canadian writer based in Vancouver, B.C. She won the 2018 CBC Poetry Prize and has work published or forthcoming in Room Magazine, Honey & Lime Lit, PRISM international, and more. She is a recent graduate of Simon Fraser University, an unashamed nerd, and a believer in good bones. You can find her on Twitter @nataliemlim.

How did you first engage with poetry?

I’ve been a writer since I was very young, but the world of poetry was truly revealed to me in high school when I stumbled across YouTube videos of spoken word poetry. The lyrical, personal nature of that style resonated deeply with me (and still does), and I owe a lot of my inspiration to poets like Sarah Kay, Sierra DeMulder and Shane Koyczan.

No comments:

Post a Comment