Thursday 1 August 2019

Anne Walsh Donnelly : part one

Anne Walsh Donnelly has been published widely in various online and print journals. She was nominated for the Hennessy Irish Literary Award for emerging poetry and selected for the Poetry Ireland Introductions series in 2019. She is the author of the poetry chapbook The Woman With An Owl Tattoo, published by Fly on the Wall press. Her debut short story collection, Demise of the Undertaker’s Wife, will be published by Blue Nib in September.  To find out more about Anne and her work, go to:  www.annewalshdonnelly.com.

What are you working on?

I’ve just finished reviewing and editing the proof copy of my debut short story collection, Demise of the Undertaker’s Wife, which will be published by Blue Nib in September. I am now concentrating my efforts on writing my first full collection of poetry; I have just completed a series of poems that may form the basis of this collection. I’m having great fun writing them as they engage with serious topics in a light-hearted way. I’m also experimenting and writing some personal essays.


No comments:

Post a Comment