Tuesday 13 November 2018

Dominik Parisien : part three

When you require renewal, is there a particular poem or book that you return to? A particular author?

I return to the poetry of Jim Ferris over and over again - The Hospital Poems and Slouching Towards Guantanamo especially. It drives me forward in my own work, particularly in times where I am in a great deal of pain or my disability has been manifesting in very public ways (convulsing in public, losing consciousness, etc). The anthology Beauty is a Verb: The New Poetry is Disability is another source of renewal. Tainaron: Mail From Another City by Finish author Leena Krohn is a grounding text. Tainaron isn’t poetry, although it is quiet, imagistic, poetic, obsessed with metamorphosis, and it fires up my imagination in ways nothing else does.


No comments:

Post a Comment