Wednesday 24 October 2018

M. Wright : part three

What other poetry books have you been reading lately?

In terms of a reading-to-writing ratio I like to hover in a 3:1 range. I read a lot! Lately I’ve been reading Pulse/Pulso: In Remembrance of Orlando a collection of poems edited by Roy Guzmán and Miguel M. Morales, Diving into the Wreck by Adrienne Rich, If One of Us Should Fall by Nicole Terez Dutton, and Tula by Chris Santiago. I also feel strongly that reading works that aren’t poetry keeps me equally sharp and engaged as a poet and creative. Some recent reads include: There There by Tommy Orange, Twisted River by Siobhan MacDonald, and We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy by Ta-Nehisi Coates. Lastly, I’m a huge advocate and fan of poetry coming out of micropresses. Some of my favorites from micropresses right now are Bad Anatomy by Hannah Cohen, Evolving God by M. Stone, and Soft Boy by Kevin Bertolero.

No comments:

Post a Comment