Wednesday 28 September 2022

Katerina Canyon : part five

How does your work first enter the world? Do you have a social group or writers group that you work on ideas and poems with? 

My work enters the world in various ways. Recently, I was on an airplane, and I looked down and saw a golf course and on that course was a group of golf carts chasing one another. It reminded me of geese, so I wrote a poem about elitism.  I also have a poetry group. We're called The Canyon Poets. We meet every Thursday night. I provide a theme and the next week we bring a poem to share. Inspiration strikes me in many ways at several places. I am most inspired in the morning before the rest of the house wakes. It is pretty much the only time my mind is allowed to work, rest, and wander.

No comments:

Post a Comment