Thursday 28 July 2022

Nolcha Fox : part four

How does your work first enter the world? Do you have a social group or writers group that you work ideas and poems with?

When I first started writing poetry, I sent drafts to a few close family and friends for approval (they’re all still talking to me, which is quite amazing). 

As I gained confidence and publication credentials, I joined Open Arts Forum, a forum of artists and writers, to get feedback from a more experienced community. I often run poems by them (especially the ones that I think I should bury six feet under), to determine if they’re publication-worthy.

When I’m happy with a poem after I write it, I’ll often submit without running it by anybody.

I also belong to two international group of writers through Twitter:

One group is composed of people who write all sorts of stuff (short stories, poetry, romance, etc.) Every other week, we have an open-mic session, where we each read three works.

The other group is composed of poets only. It’s a casual open-mic setup where we read 3-6 poems each.

No comments:

Post a Comment