Friday 19 June 2020

Dorsey Craft : part two

How does your work first enter the world? Do you have a social group or writers group that you work ideas and poems with?

My husband, who is an engineer and a totally science/math-oriented person, is often my first reader. His perspective is always really fresh and I can actually “read” his reactions better than anyone else’s and tell what he wants from the poem. After Kyle, I circulate it with a small group of poets. Eleanor Boudreau, Josh Wild, Marianne Chan, Lee Patterson, and Tanya Grae have been holding a Sunday poetry breakfast for a few years that I just got involved with last summer. The last couple of weeks we’ve reinvigorated poetry breakfast via Zoom, and it has really gotten my newer work off the ground. I also swap poems with Alexa Doran. We share the same obsession with euphony, so she always has great suggestions for the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment