Friday 15 May 2020

Madeleine Barnes : coda

What are you working on?

Along with my scholarly research on embroidery and textiles, I’m currently working on a hybrid visual art/poetry chapbook for Tolsun Books titled Women’s Work. It combines my own original embroideries, digital collages created using images from the public domain, and poetry. As always, I remain captivated by how women rebel in private and in public. This project has been in the works for years, as I had to create all of the embroideries first and master both hand collage and digital collage. I’m especially grateful to David Pischke, co-founder of Tolsun Books, for elevating my collage skills and supporting this project.

I also serve as Poetry Editor for Cordella Magazine (cordella.org), which features incredible women and nonbinary creators, and we are about to launch our first print issue. This space would not be possible without our Editor-in-Chief, Cate Clother, whose unmatched aesthetic sensibilities provide a gorgeous home for these essential voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment