Saturday 28 March 2020

Lannie Stabile : part two

How does your work first enter the world? Do you have a social group or writers’ group that you work ideas and poems with?

Simply put, I do my best to translate an idea to Google Docs, then beat the hell out of it. I’ll work it and rework it until I’m either terribly proud of the piece or sick of its face. In either case, I’ll often pass it on to some trusted friends. In fact, there’s a couple of guys, Jason B. Crawford and Rota, who give me incredible feedback. The three of us co-founded a poets’ group called The MMPR Collective, and I don’t think my skill would be half of what it is without their guidance. I also have to shout out Madeleine Corley, who is in charge of Poetry over at Barren Magazine. She’s a phenomenal editor and has gotten me through some tough writing moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment