Friday 6 December 2019

Victoria J Iacchetta : part one

Victoria J Iacchetta is a Puerto-Rican/Italian-American woman, and very much resonates with the role that her ancestral lineage has played in the development of her complex psyche. In 2015, she received a dual Bachelors degree in English and History from The University at Buffalo, and has since found the emotional stresses of working in “corporate America” to heavily influence her artistic direction. Victoria is currently living in London, England, and is working towards a Masters degree in Strategic Marketing. Her first chapbook, The Cubicle, will be published in Season 4 of Gap Riot Press, and prior works have been published in The Gravity of the Thing, Vamp Cat Mag, Ghost City Press, Bottlecap Press, and Peach Mag.

Photo credit: Steve Deisig Photography, Buffalo, NY

What are you working on?

I’m never really working on anything in particular. My poetry is more or less a result of intense bouts of emotions that come and go as they please. I find it hard to just sit myself down and write without any sort of organic need to do so.

For some reason, there are very few environments/places that really foster productivity with my poetry; in the past, most of the poems I’ve written were when I felt trapped and confined (for example, times when I had a particular obligation to uphold, and would do anything to avoid or postpone doing so).

No comments:

Post a Comment